Monday, November 17, 2014

Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.


This is small note on my blog today, but it's an important one. People are going to hurt you, whether intentionally or not. But what happens when I let these things stand in my way? I fail. What marks my failure is the fact that I never even tried. Letting these things stand in my way prevents me from putting myself out there to be hurt. I begin to raise a wall to protect my ego from being damaged. I cannot allow other people's thoughts and actions to stand in the way of the plans the Lord. Often times, He even places these people in my life, not as an obstacle, but as another person that He has intended for me to love. Even if they hurt me, even if they forget what I've done, even if they never say thank you, what matters is that I have poured myself out and given of myself fully. I cannot let these things destroy me. I have to give the world the best I have anyway because it was never between these people and myself anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment